Saturday, November 21, 2009

You Came

(the following is very much a first draft)

You came today and I noticed.
You came and sat and listened.   I noticed.
You smiled when you could, paused and tried.
I could tell underneath you were timid.
I could tell underneath you were tired.
I could tell underneth you experienced pain but, you came.
I could tell He helped you come.
You bring me joy when you come.
You give me courage when you come.
You give me faith when you come.
You give me friendship when you come, even when you don't say anything and we don't say anything together.
You see, I am timid, I am tired, I experince pain. I need courage.  
I may seem steady, not always. You may not think you make a difference but, it hurts when you don't come. 
So come.
I will still be your friend when you don't come.
Please be mine and ask me, to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment