Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thoughts while holding Daniel on my lap during sacrement meeting.

I hold you now, while you are sitting still.
I hold you now, while you are quiet.
I hold you now, where no telephones can interrupt, nor doorbells can ring and no messes can cry out to be cleaned.
I hold you now and pray for you when the times come that I can not hold you:
            Times when you are playing with friends
            Times when you go to school
            Times when you are Too Big for Mom to hold you.
            Times when you are on a Mission or gone to college
            Times when you will have someone else to hold you
            Times when I may be called to a heavenly sphere.
               I pray my time will be before yours... but incase yours is first:  I hold you now.
I hold you now and press my cheek to yours and hope my love for you transfers to your soul for safe-keeping that you may draw upon its power when I cannot hold you.
I hold you and send the energy of my heart to yours.  I image I'm weaving into your soul the light and love God had given me to give you strength when I cannot hold you.
I hold you and pray and pray and pray God will watch over you and lead you in experiences that will bring you to Him so He can hold you too.
I hold you and smile. You give me joy as I Hold you.

.......
This is just some simple thoughts.... 1st  and maybe only draft.

1 comment:

  1. Maria, that is beautiful. I find myself feeling similar things as I hold my girls during Sacrament Meeting. I just don't have the gift of writing that you have. Thank you for putting it in writing and touching me as you did today. Daniel will cherish that--and cherish you forever.

    ReplyDelete