Monday, October 19, 2009

Thought Patterns

I heard on the radio a while back that psychologists have discovered if they can catch teenagers who are starting to have Polarized thought patterns early they can help them prevent a lifetime of mental illness. Since then, I have often thought we need to be careful with our thought patterns and keep them positive. That we should be careful about thought patterns of how we react to people, thought patterns of when we go out in public, thought patterns when we go to church, or talk to our children about chores, etc. I've noticed that I let too many "environmental" factors influence my thought patterns. I have also discovered that I can control many of the environmental factors and thus help my thought patterns. Music, is a great influence. Worthy music can to great things as I have had eluded to before. T.V. can eat my brain or give it something to hope for or just plain distract me from better things. Pondering, meditation and books are good disciplines for my thought patterns. Exercise coupled with either listening to gospel messages or reading gospel messages seems help my thought patterns jump to higher levels of understanding. It is probably all the oxygen. Shrug.




Do you all have any thoughts on thought patterns?

No comments:

Post a Comment