Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Listen To the Still Small Voice"

One of my son's favorite songs is, "Listen to the Still Small Voice."  I've thought a bit about that this week and times I have listened and times I have not.   I realize not everyone believe in the Holy Ghost but, there have been too many times, and too many clear thoughts come for me not to believe.  Today I remembered a time 19 years ago that I saw a man walking by my house as I pulled out to go to a dance.  He had something on his shoulder that looked like rope or a hose or something.  I felt a strong impression to talk to him and I didn't.  The impression grew so much that I turned around in my car and looked for him.  I wasn't able to find him.   The next day I learned that a college student had been to visit some girls that rented from our neighbors and borrowed a hose from them and then killed himself from the fumes of his car.  I do not know if this was the same man I saw or not... but, I wish I had not hesitated.  I wish I would have talked to him.  "Listen to the Still Small Voice, listen, listen.  When you have to make a choice,  he will guide you, always." 

No comments:

Post a Comment