Saturday, September 12, 2009

Scatter Sunshine

I find it interesting when patterns emerge through the week.  This week as I frist thought about Scattering Sunshine, I thought I would think about serving others; instead, I found myself remembering times others lifted me up and brightened my day. 
I was also drawn to thoughts about courage and things that merited courage.  Reaching outside ourselves to brighten someone else's day, values, virtue, getting up in the morning sometimes takes courage.  Saying sorry takes courage.
After I thought about courage because of the lyrics of the songs, I happened to read Pres. Monson's talk about courage.  He challenged the young women to have courage in 3 elements of their lives.  He said,
"First, the courage to refrain from judging others;

Second, the courage to be chaste and virtuous; and
Third, the courage to stand firm for truth and righteousness."
I have a huge spider in my garden, that I will have to have courage to kill but, mostly I pray I will have courage to speak up for truth and integrity.

2 comments:

  1. Love the spider comment! No kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are writing! Great job. I love it.

    p.s., I just added your blog to a list of "Blogs I Love" in mine. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete