Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Scatter Sunshine

The last couple of nights as I've sat down to "blog" a little and am reminded of my theme for the week, I've thought..."man, I wish I would have remembered this song in the middle of the day." So, here are some wish thoughts... it may or may not be healthy.

"I wish I would have "Scattered Sunshine" when,
I was getting my children off to school today.
When I drove my niece to school.
When I stood in line for 20 minutes with other busy people.
When I was alone with my son this afternoon.
When I said my prayers.
When I talked to my husband on the phone.
when, when, when,

It wasn't that I was negative, I just wish I would have had the song in my heart and I think I would have loved those around me a little better. Not in an annoying, hyper-positive, Snow White way... but, hopefully in a positive, gentle. fun, stable way. Guided by the Spirit, out-of-my own box way.

I am going to write myself a note, to hum, or sing this song to myself during the day (thanks for the reminder Kris).

And before I forget, Thanks to all you out there, who have Scattered Sunshine, in my life. I say this realizing most of those I should thank exist beyond this dimension of blogging but, it feels good to put it out there anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I think of scattering sunshine I think of my sister Juli. She is sunshine personified. Her heart is filled with love and happiness and it emanates from her and fills all those around her. People are drawn to her, they want to be with her because of the great warmth, light, hope, happiness, love and joy that she possesses and freely scatters all around. I am grateful for her great example to me.

    ReplyDelete