Monday, August 24, 2009

"And He has Sent Me Here"

So, I have been pondering what this phrase and reasons that He has sent me here.

He has sent me here to enjoy life. 
He has sent me here to see the Sunsets and Sun rises.
He has sent me here to see the butterfiles and fishes.
He has sent me here to garden.
He has sent me here to view the flowers within the flowers.
He has sent me here to share His creations with my husband and children.
He has sent me here to experience friendships.
He has sent me here to experience the taste of foods.
He has sent me here to experience family.
He has sent me here to be a daughter.
He has sent me here to be a wife.
He has sent me here to be a mother.
He has sent me here to be a friend.
He has sent me here to be loved.
He has sent me here to love.
He has sent me here to smile.
He has sent me here to experience sorrow and to feel His support as He and His Son sorrow's with me.
He has sent me here and there to lift up the weary.
He has sent me here to dream and create.
He has sent me here to be tested and to endure.
He has sent me here to climb a mountain and swim in the sea.
He has sent me here to experience.
He has sent me here to succeed.
He has sent me here to make mistakes and to try again.
He has sent me here to forgive and ask forgiveness.
He has sent me here to prepare for a better life than this one and this one isn't too bad.
He has sent me here to learn and to teach truth.
He has sent me here to feel a meriad of feelings.
He has sent me here to learn how to work and overcome and submit and learn the freedom in submitting.
He has sent me here to experience opposition.
I think He is happy when I recognise all the beautiful reasons He sent me here to experience and sad when I am blinded by selfishness, and self pity to understand them.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you put He has sent you here to garden! Of all the beautiful things you wrote, THAT ONE stood out to me because it seems that every day you are either planting, gathering or preserving the "fruits" of your beautiful garden. What a great example you are to me in that and in so many other areas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon further thought. . .

    For many of us, it is a lifelong journey to discover just why we were sent here. How wonderful that you have listed so many beautiful and yet simple reasons that we can all relate to.

    As I just finished Elder Perry's talk on the lost sheep, I believe we were sent here to be shepherds and to find, gather and care for all of God's sheep--especially those who are lost or in danger.

    ReplyDelete